PEAK Physiotherapy Limited is registered with all major private medical insurance companies. If you have medical insurance you may be able to claim back some or all of the costs of physiotherapy treatment so long as you follow the procedures set out by your insurer. The following are tips to help you:
- Contact your insurance company and check that you are covered for physiotherapy treatment of the condition you have and how many treatment sessions are available under your cover.
- Obtain the required claim forms and/or authorisation codes from your insurer.
- Ask your insurer if you need a GP referral. If so make and attend an appointment with your GP. Describe your condition to them and ask them to write you a letter of referral for physiotherapy treatment.
- Make sure your physiotherapist is aware of your insurance and is given any authorisation codes associated with your claim.
- In most cases PEAK Physiotherapy Limited will bill your insurer directly following your programme of treatments.
- Find out if you have an excess on your policy that you are liable for – this is important as you may need to pay a certain amount as part of your policy agreement, before your insurance will start to cover your remaining physiotherapy sessions.
- You will be required to fill in a ‘Health Insurance Agreement Form’ at your first physiotherapy appointment – this is to make you aware of your responsibilities when using your insurance to cover your physiotherapy, and to inform you about our company procedures when dealing with insurance.
Contact details for major UK private medical insurers:
|AXA PPP Healthcare||0800 454080|
|First Assist Group Ltd||01455 251155|
|Vitality||0345 602 3523|
|Sovereign Healthcare||01274 841130|
|Standard Life||0845 2798877|
|WPA||0800 298 9588|